AVC Establishes Unique Political Action School

Non-Partisan Courses Start on March 20

No single thought line will dominate the University AVC sponsored School of Political Action Techniques which will run for two days in Phillips Brooks House starting on March 20.

Tomorrow is the last day during which University AVC members will receive preference in gaining entrance to the non-partisan school, announced Chairman Robert Koblitz 2PA yesterday.

Koblitz pointed out that the "faculty," unique in the history of political action schools, would represent a cross-section of widely diversified opinion. Gael Sullivan, executive director of the Democratic National Committee, and Daniel Riesner, secretary of the New York county Republican Committee, will divide the speaking honors assisted by Lewis Frank, Jr., ghost-writer of many Wallace speeches.

Communists and Non-Communists

Bernard Conal, director of political organization for PCA, and James Loeb, executive director of the ADA, are also expected to garnish the list of speakers, while August Tyler, political director of the anti-Communist ILGWU-AFL, and George Markham, legislative director of the allegedly Communist-dominated Fur and Leather Workers-CIO are also expected to join the "faculty."

School enrollment has been limited to 500, and, after one large plenary session, the enrollees will be broken up into smaller "workshop" groups covering five topics: ward and precinct organization; how to plan a successful campaign; how to work effectively through community organizations; how to attack a political issue; and political action through trade unions.