Student Council Delays Action on Three Issues

Approves Constitution Of Democratic Club

Postponing action on three of the major issues before it, the Student Council last night underwent a membership turnover, as it gave its go-ahead signal to the pending constitution of the Harvard Democratic Club.

Frederic D. Houghteling '50, of Washington and Leverett House, appeared at the Council table as a regular member for the first time in place of Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, who resigned his seat Friday, February 37. Last May's election returns placed Houghteling next in line after Weld. Patrick D. Dailey 50 resigned from the group because of academic pressures.

Approval of the Crimson Key Society's Charter was delayed, when a dispute arose over makeup of the Society's Executive Group. To resolve the controversy, the Council asked for further clarification of the constitutional purposes of the organization.

Passes Up NSA Proposals

A Council statement on rent increases must wait until the special investigating group meets with Provost Buck once more.

At the same time, the Council postponed making recommendations for changes in the organization of the regional National Student Association.

The Democratic Club, formed last month, now has 30 members, and the Constitution, which must still got Faculty approval, provides that any additional person in the University may join, provided that he "rejects any form of totalitarian doctrine, including fascism and communism."