Council Nominations Open Tonight; Committee Names NSA Candidates

Houses, Dudley Name Preliminary Slates

Campaigning for coming Student Council elections gets underway today when the Houses and Dudley hold annual nominations meetings. Freshmen will name candidates in the Union tomorrow night.

All House elections will take place on Thursday, April 22, and Class elections on Tuesday, April 27, Council President William D. Weeks '49, announced last night.

Aspirants for Council jobs as House, Dudley, or Freshman representatives must first be nominated and seconded at the meetings today and tomorrow, Weeks explained. All candidates and backers must be members of House or Class in good standing.

Final requirement is submission of a petition bearing 20 signatures to the Student Council office before 5 o'clock Monday.

Commenting on the forthcoming campaign, Weeks said last night, "I cannot emphasize too strongly the need for the most active participation and interest of everyone in the nominating and electing of candidates in next year's Student Council. In the last analysis, its effectiveness will depend upon those

Times for today's nominations meetings: Adams, 6 o'clock; Dudley, 12:30 o'clock; Dunster, 7:45 o'clock; Eliot, 7:15 o'clock; Kirkland, 7 o'clock; Lowell, 6:45 o'clock; Winthrop, 7:15 o'clock; Leverett's time will be posted. Class of 1951 meets in Union at 7 o'clock tomorrow. who serve upon it."

"Unquestionably the Council needs qualified and able personnel, but beyond that, it must have those who are interested and willing to devote a lot of time to the work. Everyone who runs should be aware that this is a full time, not a part-time job. Above all, it is your Student Council.