Republicans Plan Mock Convention In Memorial Hall

Wild cheers, such as only political fervor can inspire, will fill Memorial Hall on the night of April 29 when student Republicans gather at an HYRC mock convention to determine the University choice for the GOP presidential nomination.

Plans have just been completed, and the whole affair will be conducted like a national convention. Keynote speeches will precede the nominating addresses. After these, the actual roll-call will be taken, and nominations considered on the split delegation basis through which every candidate gets the exact number of personal votes cast for him.

William A. Rusher 3L, who expects that many will come with less peaceful interests than nominations, will supply a little additional color to the affair when he posts bluecoat in strategic posts, "just to make sure nothing unfortunate develops."

Balloting will also be held for Vice-President, but according to Rusher, "The presidential nomination is the real prize that the various Republican organizations are trying to garner for their favorite candidates."