Yard Nine Draws Dummer, 1-1, for Season's 4th Tie

Proving that its loss to Brown on Monday was only a fly in the ointment, the Freshman baseball team contrived its fourth tie game of the season yesterday afternoon at South Byfield as it matched Governor Dummer Academy, 1 to 1, in 12 innings.

Roy Meears, who has performed brilliantly in relief roles, got the starting nod from Coach Moe Berg and pitched adequately, allowing one run and two hits in 11 innings on the mound. Jim Gabler came on in the twelfth and gave up another hit.

Meanwhile, Dummer pitcher Fritz Freeman set the Crimson down with three hits while fanning 12. A wild pitch paved the way for the Freshmen's only run off the talented left-hander.

Smith Doubles to Score

The visitors picked up their run in the seventh when Ed Smith dropped a blooper double into right, went to third on a wild pitch, and scored on Ernie Wohler's sacrifice. Catcher Sherrill Houston and Meears gleaned the two other Crimson safeties, Houston's on a single to center in the sixth and Meears' on a broken bat hit to right in the eighth.

Lloyd Harper's Junior Varsity diamond brigade, with one tie and a win to its credit, entertains Nichols Junior College this afternoon on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.