'Cliffe Revote Upholds First Ballot Results

Annex Views Persist On All Three Issues

Final tallies of Radcliffe's three-issue re-vote went into the Student Government records yesterday and not one of the results came to "Cliffedwellers as a surprise decision.

For the second and last time, the proposed $12 Student Activities Fee was defeated, the Annex N.S.A. delegate was promoted to the new post of second vice-president of Student Government, and college-wide subscription to the Radcliffe News was again voted compulsory.

Insufficient balloting downed the Activities Fee this time, with the final count of 190 for the blanket charge falling far short of the 461 votes needed to accept the plan.

Majorition Decide

Simple majorities settled the N.S.A. and News issues. The N.S.A. vote of 558 Yes, 81 No, immediately elevated 'Cliffe delegate Alice Gilbert '49 to the new position, while the News, closest and most controversial of the issues, came out on top with a count of 362 for and 274 against compulsory subscription.

Radcliffe's second try at voting on the three issues followed Student Council's invalidation of the original two-week-long vacation-spanning ballot, which was challenged on grounds of too few votes.

In the earlier tally 318 had voted for the compulsory News; 245 disapproved.