Jubilee Committee Releases Program of May 1 Weekend

Two orchestras, candlelight suppers, and concerts by the Band and the Glee Club will feature this year's Freshman Jubilee slated for the weekend of May 1, announced Chairman John T. Hazel '51, after a long policy meeting at the Union last night.

The program begins Friday right with a candlelight supper at the Union complete with tablecloths and silver service, followed by the first Yard concert of the Glee Club on Widener steps.

An informal dance in Memorial Hall from 8 to 1 o'clock completes the first day of festivities. Set-ups will be served for all those interested.

Saturday evening brings the formal, in a completely redecorated Union, with Larry Green's orchestra operating in the Dining Hall and another band, as yet not picked, in the Common Room.

For those who want still more music, a Band concert in Sanders Sunday at 2:30 o'clock, will finish off the weekend.

Tickets at $6.00 go on sale today in the Union for all Freshmen, and if any are left, they will be available to upperclassmen next week. Sale is limited to 500.

The committee also announced that there are plenty of hotel rooms still available in Boston and Cambridge.