The Hygiene Report

Six months ago the University Student Hygiene Committee began a thorough investigation of the Hygiene Department. Representing virtually the entire University, the Committee was formed in response to pressure last summer by the Law School Record to gather evidence and report on "whether the Department provides the best possible service for the fee charged." For a while it looked as if something revealing might soon come of the probe, but later the investigation slipped quietly into the background, and as yet no report has been submitted.

Under the surface, however, the Committee is very much alive. In fact, with the exception of two sections of financial survey and miscellaneous material which have not as yet been drawn up, the final draft of its report has been complete and ready for publication since March. It reaches certain definite conclusions and makes several constructive recommendations. Every indication points to its making a real contribution toward improving the Hygiene Department.

In view of the fact that the report is so nearly finished, and that it promises to fulfill what was expected of it, it seems not unreasonable to hope that before long the University may see for itself what the Committee has found.