Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Cops Pinch Man For Donating $2 Bills to Students

Lamont fund and SAC to the contrary, Yard police prevented a would-be benefactor of the College from giving his money away.

Although John M. Shaw, 61, explained that he only "wanted to be good to the students before they went away on vacation," the South End "philanthropist" was arrested for slipping two-dollar bills under Lowell House doors Monday night.

Shaw who had drawn $100 in Jefferson notes from his bank that morning, had only $68 left when he was apprehended.

Despite reports from some students that they had seen him putting bills under doors, by last night no one had admitted receiving any money. However, one Square bank, which had announced Saturday that balances in students' accounts had fallen dangerously low, noted an unusually large number of two-dollar deposits yesterday.

Turned over to Cambridge police, Shaw was found "not guilty of trespassing," but was committed to the Westboro State Hospital under "observation for mental reasons." Thirty-four double-bucks found in Shaw's pockets were impounded by the court.