WHRV and' Cliffe Station Go Back On Air This Week

After a quiet summer at 110 volts, local electric wires will carry something extra again on Monday as the Harvard Radio Network begins its fall schedule. The denizens of Dudley Hall's basement have prepared the most ambitious job in WHRV's history.

Classical music is still the bulwark of the Network's programming with three hours of the masters docketed for each weekday evening. To round out the musical offerings, shows featuring folk music and 'progressive" jazz are planned.

For those who like their jazz pure, an airing of Bob Willbur's New Orleans artists direct from their den in Boston's Club Savoy will be a weekly feature.

As for hours of broadcasting, the Network hits the airways at an eager 8 a.m. with an hour and a half offering called Reveille in Swingtime. Weekday evening broadcasts, from seven o'clock to midnight, a Saturday afternoon cocktail matinee and a Sonday evenig concert from 8 to 11 fill out the hours.

Over in the Annex Quadrangle, small, throaty-voiced group of Cliffedwellers open the evening broadcasts of Radio Radcliffe at 7:29 1/2 Monday through Friday nights. RR depends mainly on platter shown for program content; swaps several broadcasts weekly with WHRV; works in two pocket-sized rooms in the 'Cliffe Field House, and signs off nightly with "Pomp and Circumstances" at 10:59 1/2.