Cornell Quintet Here Tomorrow; Morcom Will Show Vaulting Skill

Crimson Opposes BU, NE in Cinder Battle

Boo Morcom, "the barefoot boy from New Hampshire," will put on a special polevaulting exhibition at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow at Briggs Cage as a feature of the informal track meet between Boston University, Northeastern, and the Crimson.

The Olympic polevaulter was invited to compete by Sam Felton, who broke the Crimson discus and hammer records last year and is now at the Business School. Felton will get the meet under-way himself with a 35-pound weight throwing demonstration.

For competition in the pole vault, Morcom will have Pete Harwood, who won the IC4A title for the Crimson two years ago, two members from the current varsity squad, and athletes from North-eastern and Boston University.

Look for Easy Win

Since the former University of New Hampshire champion has cleared 14 feet 8 inches, and generally hoists himself at least 14 feet, he probably won't have to work to hard to win.

Considered the outstanding indoor polevaulter in the nation, Morcom is currently training for the big invitational meets coming up at the Garden and in New York.

Track coach Jaakko Mikkola reports that his team is out of shape now as a result of the Christmas layoff, and he is looking forward to tomorrow's informal meet as an indicator of what may be expected of the Crimson later.