Lowell Five Slaps Secretarial Team In 82-30 Victory

The Grapefruit League of House basketball opened and closed yesterday as Lowell trounced a squad from the Oxford Secretarial School, 82 to 30. Regular pre-exam play begins today with a game between Adams and Dudley.

Oxford, which had issued a challenge to play the best Harvard intramural basketball team, was "fast-breaked off the floor," as one player put it. The Bellboys, paced by Goldie Goldsmith (26 points), John Altrocchi (24), and Mike Post (17), were continually getting behind the Oxford defenses with hard, accurate passes, and scoring on simple shots.

When balked, they resorted to plays that worked the ball in for equally easy scores. At various times Lowell led 11 to 0, 32 to 4, and 49 to 13.

Varsity Prelim

Since the freshmen are playing Cornell tomorrow afternoon, Lowell and Winthrop may play in the evening as a preliminary to the varsity game. If played it will count as a regulation tilt.

The standings:   Won  Lost ELIOT  3  0 LOWELL  3  0 DUNSTER  2  1 KIRKLAND  2  1 DUDLEY  1  2 WINTHROP  1  2 ADAMS  0  3 LEVERETT  0  3