Commuter Eleven Ties Winthrop,6-6; Adams Beats Kirkland, 12-7

Dudley's spirited Commuters surprised Winthrop's powerhouse with a 6-6 tie yesterday, while undefeated Adams outclassed a fighting Kirkland team 12-7, with a touchdown in the final minute of play.

Bone crushing line plunges accounted for Winthrop's touchdown drive in the third quarter against Dudley. The Puritans needed all four downs to put Frank Hernberg over from the 1.

After the following kickoff, the Dudley running attack began reeling off long gains. The score came on a pass from tailback Dave Gilbert to Bill Montieth. Neither team was able to muster enough power for another touchdown in the closing minutes of the game.

Adams Line Has Power

Adams scored its triumph over Kirkland mostly on terrific power through the line. Late in the second quarter they powered their way over from the 1 with Fred Fialkow carrying.

Quarterback Hollis French took a running pass from Frank Nolan to score for Kirkland House in the third quarter. John Tangen dropkicked the extra point to put Kirkland ahead 7-6.

Adams came roaring back with Roger Davis going over from the 4 to make it 12-7. In the minute of time that remained, Kirkland's desperation passes failed to click.

In touch football today, Leverett beat Eliot 42-18.