Yard Touch Football Season Starts Officially Wednesday

The freshman intramural touch football contest will begin next Wednesday, by agreement between the Freshman Athletic Council and Adolph W. Samborski '25, Director of Intramural Athletics.

Until Monday the freshman teams will be working out in a series of practice games on field one, in back of the varsity baseball diamond. Wednesday afternoon, Stoughton wound up in a 0-0 tie with Thayer; Hollis beat Mower 9-0, and Weld North took Weld South, 20-12. This afternoon's practice games will be: at 2 p.m., Hollis vs. Stoughton, Mower vs. Lionel; at 3, Weld South vs. Holworthy, Weld North vs. Massachusetts; at at 4, Grays vs. Matthews North, Matthews South vs. Strauss North.

In its meeting the council made a regulation allowing proctors to take part in these games, and the following changes in Freshman touch football rules: 1) The number of plays per quarter is limited to 12. 2). No forward passing is allowed beyond the line of scrimmage. 3) The in-bounds line is ten yards from either sideline. 4) The ball must be passed by the center between his logs. 5) After a touchdown, the ball is put into play five yards from the goal line for the extra point, which may not be kicked. 6) No downfield blocking is allowed.

The council also decided to run a freshman cross country meet on November 15. Each unit may center four men.

The council, appointed last week by the office of Mr. Robert Ross, Assistant Secretary of the Union, consists of the following, all freshmen: Lon Curts, Walter Wolf, Daniel Young, Thomas Hoya, Walter Bushman, Robert Day, in charge of publicity, and Ross, Secretary. They will meet in Samborski's office each Monday until the contest closes.

Ross's office will also pick a manager from each unit in the contest. Candidates for manager met Tuesday night in the Union and were told of the rule changes and regulations. They made a tentative plan for keeping records of high scorers, completed passes, and other game statistics.