Twice-Downed '53 Eleven Tackles Undefeated Exeter Squad Today

Feeling perhaps that altogether too many people were leaving the New Hampshire hills this weekend, the freshman football team is traveling north today to take on Exeter, at Exeter.

Exeter is unbeaten, while the freshmen have lost both their starts.

Pondering a bit after last Saturday's 31 to 6 loss to Holy Cross, Coach Henry Lamar of the Yardlings has shifted his backfield around a bit, and has decided to use a simpler series of plays.

"We just don't have enough time to perfect the pin-point timing required for the more complicated plays," he said yesterday. He pointed out that the team will still have a large repertory, alternating between T and single wing.

Crafty Shift

Lamar has also perfected the most complicated shift in all football history. It cannot be explained without diagrams, but suffice it to say that only two men remain in the game position as the team moves from the T to the single wing, and that the left halfback in the T ends up at wingback in the single wing right formation.

The purpose of this move is to have the tailbacks, Hardy cox and Bob Du-back, who are pretty light, playing the quarterback position when the team uses T plays. Cox is also probably the nest passer on the squad.

With the exception of injured Dick Heidtman and John Jennings, the line remains the same.

The lineup: Toepke, le; Stargle, lt; Batchelder, lg; Lemay, c; Nichols, rg; Tuckner, rt; Britton,, re; O;'Neil, and Kierstead, qb; Cox an Duback, tb; Blitz and Pappas, fb; and Ederer and Dillingham, wb.