Economics Staff Planning to Expand Tutorial and Courses

The Economics Department is making a definite attempt to reintroduce tutorial, Harold H. Burbank '15, David A. Wells Professor of Political Economy, announced yesterday.

The Department is also beginning a realignment in its undergraduate courses to insure a broad economic understanding instead of concentrated studies in one field, Burbank reported.

Tutorial was restricted during the war and in the Economics Department has recently been opened to honors seniors only. Burbank said that this year the department will try to expand the program to include more seniors.

Courses to be Expanded

A progression in the scope of Economics courses is being worked out by gradual revisions in existing courses, Burbank said. Economics 1, covering the whole field, will be followed by five courses, theory, history, money and finance, business organization, and labor.

Each of these will be all-inclusive in its field. What is now money and banking will include more public finance. History will also be expanded in scope. A student's senior year will be devoted to advanced courses in a few of the five fields.