Football Team Works on Offensive

Cornell Arrives in Hub Today; Big; Red Will Practice in Stadium

Offense occupied the bulk of the varsity football team's practice time today, as Coach Art Valpey sought to put some scoring punch into a squad that has managed to tally only one touchdown in its first tow games.

The Jayvees provided the opposition for the varsity as the latter went through an offensive drill that included light contact work. No full-scale scrimmage was hold, in accordance with the usual Thursday schedule.

Pass defense practice preceded the offensive work, with Henry simulating a T-formation quarterback and doing the passing. The varsity also practiced extra points and field goals.

Secret Workout

For the second successive day, practice concluded with a 20-minute secret workout in Briggs Cage. This time was presumably devoted to setting the Crimson's defenses against Cornell's T attack.

The Cornell team arrives at 9:05 a.m. today at the Huntington Avenue Station. The Big Red will work out in the Stadium from 2:30 to 4 p.m., after which Harvard will follow it into the oval. The Cornell team will stop at the Kenmore Hotel during its stay in Boston.

Doghunt

A host of police was swarming over Dillon Field House as the varsity concluded practice shortly after 6 p.m., but it was doghunt, and not a manhunt, in which they were involved.

It seems a spaniel had attached itself to the soccer team during the latter's practice behind the Business School. The dog followed the team back to Dillon, where it was temporarily incarcerated in the soccer squad's locker room and the police were called.

Near-by traffic officers rushed to the scene, and, before they had brought the situation entirely under control, a squad car also roared up an spewed forth its quota of police. The dog was speedily hustled into the squad car, and quite restored. The dog, according to its tag, came from Middletown, Connecticut.