Terriers Rule as Hoopsters Lose Fifteenth Game, 62-55

By Albert J. Feldman

A sluggish Harvard basketball team spotted Boston University an early lead Monday night, and then spent most of the evening trying to take it back. The belated efforts failed, however, and the Crimson dropped its thirteenth straight game, 62 to 55.

The winning Terriers had it all their own way throughout the first half, jumping to a 13 to 2 lead in four minutes.

Bill Prior led the Harvard scoring with 12 points, but George Winkler, with 19 points, Bob Daly, with 16, and Ken Rickson, with 12, took all the honors for the game.

BU Carries Ball

Lethargy was the big Harvard ailment. During the first half the quintet showed no ability at all under either basket, while the Terriers, sparked by Daly and Winkler, took control of the ball after almost every shot. At one time, BU led by 21 points.

A second half spurt brought Bill Barclay's squad to within six points of the victors after six minutes. The score stood at 45 to 39. But the team never was able to close the gap entirely.

The Harvard summaries: HARVARD (55)   o  f  p Rockwell, lf  2  4  8 Gabler  0  1  1 Bramhall, rf  3  0  6 Crosby  4  0  8 Smith, c  2  2  6 Prior  3  6  12 Davis, lg  1  1  3 Gannon  0  0  0 Petrillo  1  0  2 Covey, rg  3  3  9 McCurdy  0  0  0 Totals  19  17  55