Smith, Prior Rank, 14th, 16th

Sophomore Ed Smith and Bill Prior are the only members of the varsity basketball team listed among the top 20 Ivy League scorers, as the league race reaches the halfway mark.

Smith with 15 field goals and nine fouls in four games, is fourteenth behind Columbia's Sherry Marshall. Prior, who has played the same number of games, has 14 field goals and nine free throws for a sixteenth-place point total of 37.

Of these 37 points, 23 went through the strings against Dartmouth at the Garden right before the Christmas vacation. Since then, Prior has cooled off and may not start when the Crimson opens post-exam activity against Army at West Point Wednesday.

Coach Barclay's lineup will probably have Smith at center, with John Rockwell and Pete Petrillo at the forwards. Chip Gannon and Dick Covey will be the guards, according to Barclay, whose team is currently becalmed in an eight game losing streak.

As for Yale, which the Varsity will play twice next month, four of the five regulars are among the top 20 league scorers: Lavelli (1), Anderson (9), Fitzgerald (11), and Joyce (17).