Summer Session Sets July 5 Date For Registration

Harvard Summer School will open its eight week session July 5 with an expected record enrollment of over 3000 and an offering of 167 courses, according to a preliminary announcement published yesterday.

One major change from previous sessions will be incorporated in the 1949 program. 16 of the 24 courses in education will be given on a six-week schedule, ending August 13 instead of the regular August 27 date.

Revived after a six year lapse last summer, the school startled the University and probably upped its enrollment by initiating a policy of housing female students in the Yard.

"Special Relationship"

Seven women's colleges, Radcliffe, Vassar, Bryn Mawr, Smith, Barnard, Wellesley, and Mt. Holyoke, were consulted in the formulation of the "special relationship" program, Summer School Director George W. Adams disclosed.

Full time summer students will receive credit for a half term with a tuition charge of $50 per eight week course and $40 for the abbreviated six week courses. The Union will serve meals Monday through Friday only at the rate of $10.25 a week.