Sextet Meets Northeastern Tonight

Comparative Scores, Depth Give Crimson Edge in Arena Game

By Douglas M. Fouquet

The varsity hockey team is going after its fourth straight win and a dcan sweep of the season's two game Northeastern series when it opens tonight's Arena doubleheader at 7 p.m. B.U. meets B.C. in the second game.

The Crimson will definitely be favored over the Huskies, not only on the basis of comparative scores but also because of Harvard's superior manpower. Northeastern hasn't beaten anyone of note, and practically all of its good players are in the starting lineup.

Huskies Have Win Streak

Actually the Huskies boast a four-game winning streak, but two of these victories have been over Colby, a weak team, and the others over New Hampshire and Bowdoin. The rest of Northeastern's season has been spotty. However, the scrappy Huskies have played several close games against much stronger rivals.

In the Harvard-Northeastern game last month, the Huskies were leading 5 to 4, with but thirteen minutes left to play, when the Crimson suddenly exploded with four goals to win the game, 9 to 5.

In spite of Harvard's paper superiority and recent improvement, tonight's game might easily be the same sort of battle since the varsity has been slow-starting in all of its recent games.

Outstanding star for Northeastern is first line center Jimmy Bell, an all-New England forward last season. Flanking Bell are wings Jim Reid and Dave MacKenzie who performed well in the first Harvard game. Veterans Duke Kerrivan and Frank Bell compose the starting Huskie defense.

Not only will the Crimson skators be at full strength but they worked out in one of their best practice sessions yesterday morning at the Boston Skating Club, devoting the whole hour to a spirited scrimmage.

The lineups: HARVARD    N.E. Clark  G  Howell Carman  LD  F. Bell Greeley  RD  Kerrivan Preston  LW  Reid D. Key  C  J. Bell Garrity  RW  MacKenzie