HAA Releases New Policy on Grid Tickets

Change Allows Season Ticket Holders Yale Game Priority; No Undergraduates Affected

Bill Bingham yesterday announced "the most drastic revision in football ticket policy since football became a major sport." The shift, which will give non-alumni season ticket holders a new priority for Yale tickets, will not affect undergraduates.

Since the Yale game is at New Haven next year, the plan will not go into operation until 1950. To offset this, Bingham yesterday offered season ticket buyers for next fall whether alumni or not the same locations for all games including Yale the following season.

Previously, alumni alone have over-subscribed the Stadium for Yale games, and the HAA has not been able to sell any tickets to outsiders. "In protecting the priorities of the casual alumni we have sacrified much good will and considerable revenue," said Bingham. "The new policy will recognize both priority and continuous team support."

No Student Changes

Season tickets under the new plan will still be offered to alumni before the general public; but the latter may buy full-season locations before single-game seats are thrown open to sale. There is no change planned in the present undergraduate allocations at present.

Bingham stated that season tickets will be in the same locations as before--starting on the 40-yard line and working south. It is expected that student seats will be on the north side, where they were last fall.

Season tickets for 1949 will include six home games: Cornell, Army, Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Princeton, and Brown. (Stanford, Columbia and Yale are away next year.) For the following season, Yale will be added to other home games as yet unannounced.

Some steel stands seats will also be sold on a season basis--"Good tickets in the steel stands... at an even lower price."

Yesterday's announcement was the latest in a series of ticket reforms that began two years ago when student agitation caused revision of the undergraduate seating plan. The old all-male cheering section was abolished in favor of mixed seating by class rating.