House Acceptances Go To 826 Students Today

Masters Take 57 Percent of Freshman Class, Almost All Sophomores and Juniors

College messengers will deliver good news to 613 freshmen and 213 upperclassmen today, in the form of letters of acceptance to the seven Houses.

The Masters have squeezed hard and taken in 56.7 percent of the freshman class, several percent higher than what was expected. They have also admitted every upperclassman except 25 who had bad marks, applied late, wouldn't leave their roommates, or wouldn't accept the House offered.

Walting List

For the first since the war, 84 students have not been assigned to rooms but have been placed on a waiting list. This has been set up so that the Class of 1953 can all live together in the Yard, rather than be scattered through Apley, Claverly, Dudley, and Wigglesworth.

As students drop from College during the summer, the room vacancies will be turned over to men on the waiting list, instead of to incoming freshmen. Students on the list will receive their assignments by the Fall term, either in one of the Houses, the outside dormitories, or Wigglesworth Hall.

Equality for All

But all students, whether on the waiting list or not, will be considered equally for vacancies that occur in the Houses during the summer. Those that don't get in will become non-resident members of some House.

The complete figures are: 1319 applications, 826 accepted at the Houses, 409 in outside dorms, 84 on the waiting list. Of these, 1081 freshmen applied, 613 were accepted, and 468 rejected. Of the upperclassmen, 238 applied, 213 were accepted, and 25 were rejected.