Reynolds Foresees No Rise in Board Or Room Tariffs for Coming Year

Individual Room Rents May Go Up as Number of Occupants Drops; Board Rate Not Set

There will definitely be no further rise in room rates next year, and probably no further board rate rise, Administrative Vice-President Edward Reynolds '15 stated last night.

Reynolds said "he had not yet reached a definite decision" on board charges, and though no final word will be handed down on this for several weeks, he said that he "did not expect to have to make any further adjustments."

Although the base rate for all College rooms will remain the same during the coming year, individual students will have to pay more per capita in cases where the total number of occupants in a suite is reduced.

Less Men Means Higher Cost

This is because when extra men were placed in rooms during the post-war housing crush, the rate per persons was reduced below its original price. Now, with a return to normal rooming conditions, the old per capita rate goes back into effect.

Board rates have risen twice since the end of the war before being pegged at the current rate, while only one price change has taken place in room charges.