Band Drumbeats Concert Revived By 'Cliffe Council

Radcliffe's Student Council yesterday revived "Drumbeats and Song" and set the tentative date for the modified version of the concert for March 10 in Sanders Theater.

Choral Society, the 'Cliffe Dance Group, and possibly the Krokodiloes and the Hungry Five will join the Harvard Band in the program.

Proceeds from this year's show, combined with an informal dance in Memorial Hall immediately afterwards, will go towards the initial investment for the Annex Student Government's Grant-in-Aid Fund, set up by Council earlier in the term.

"Drumbeats," originally the creation of the 70th Anniversary fund-raising campaign, was discontinued with the end of that drive last June. Council received permission to use the idea and name of the show from the Alumnae Fund office, along with promises of cooperation in carrying out the project.

Alumnae Aid

Patricia White '46, ex-assistant chairman of the 70th Anniversary drive, offered her services to the committee running the March concert. Joan McPartlin '49 will also work with the alumnae and aid with public relations for the new "Drumbeats." Other committee members include chairman Sylvia Rice '50, Diedre O'Brien '50, Sheila Brown '51, Rachel Mellinger '52, and Dele Gilmore '53.

Yesterday's Council also voted to hold a mid-year Cedar Hill Conference at 7 p.m. Friday in Cabot Hall to discuss general policy for the coming term with members of the 'Cliffe administration.