'50 Posts Go To Houghton And to Henry

Class Committee Elects Two To Fill Permanent Positions Of Secretary and Treasurer

The permanent posts of treasurer and secretary of the Class of 1950 will be filled by William L. Henry of Worcester and Dunster House and Amory Houghton of Corning, New York, and Eliot House, the '50 Class committee announced yesterday.

After the senior class graduates in June, these two men will be the chief officers in charge of its alumni proceedings. As is customary, there is no class president or vice-president.

$100,000

Henry, the treasurer, will be charged with raising $100,000 for the class' 25th anniversary gift. His responsibilities also include raising money for reunions and compiling class financial reports.

Houghton, as class secretary, will organize reunion committees and take charge of the reunions themselves. His job is to keep the class together as much as possible in future years. He also writes the class reports.

Football Player

The newly-elected treasurer has been first-string quarterback for the varsity football team during the last two seasons. Houghton was a member of the Student Council and the Class Affairs Committee last year. At that time he ran all class elections.

The two officers were chosen by the 1950 Class Committee, a 12-man organization which is in charge of running the Commencement exercises this spring.

Although the Permanent Class Committee nominally directs the affairs of the class after graduation, there is usually very little work for the regular members to do, and the secretary and treasurer alone manage class business.