Jaffe Appointed To Professorship With Law Faculty

Louis L. Jaffe LL.B. '28, Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Buffalo, has been appointed a professor of Law at Harvard Law School, Dean Erwin N. Griswold LL.B. '29 announced last night.

Jaffe, an exert in administrative law, has practised law both privately and in the government, and has taught for 12 years. He has written extensively, especially on problems in the field of administrative law.

He was born in Seattle, Washington, on December 18, 1905, and was graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1925. He graduated with high honors from Harvard Law School in 1928. While at the Law School, he served on the editorial board of the Harvard Law Review.

Jaffe practised law in California for three years, and then returned to Harvard for one year to receive the degree of Doctor of Juridical Science in 1932.

For one year, Jaffe was a law clerk to Justice Louis D. Brandeis '78 of the United States Supreme Court. In the following three years he worked for various government agencies, doing legal work. In 1936 he was appointed professor of Law at the University of Buffalo, and in 1946 became Buffalo Law Dean