Ulen's Swimmers Face Penn Tomorrow Seeking 3rd Win

Coach Hal Ulen will send his varsity swimmers against Penn at 8:15 p.m. tomorrow night in the Blockhouse pool in search of their third straight triumph, but the veteran mentor readily admits he is already thinking ahead to the following Saturday, when his squad travels to West Point.

"Frankly, I don't anticipate too much trouble with Penn," Ulen said last night. I'm more concerned with the Army meet, which I think will be our first big test of the season. They beat us last year but I think we have a good chance to reverse the outcome next week."

Army finished second in the league last year.

Penn Defeated Once

Penn has had one meet already this season, a loss to La Salle College. La Salle, however, boasts Olympic champ Joe Verdeur, the world's greatest all-around swimmer, so there was no great shame in losing, according to Ulen.

Ulen also said he plans to stand pat tomorrow on the line-up which has registered two straight victories already this season, 38 to 28 over the alumni and 52 to 23 over MIT. He indicated, however, he may to some drastic reshuffling of personnel before the Army meet.

Ulen expects that Captain Joe Fox will once again lead the Crimson swimmers with victories in his specialities, the 50 and 100-yard freestyle events. One of the features of the meet should be the high dive competition. Penn will be represented by George Frazier, who Ulen termed the "best diver on the east coast."

Fox is also anchor-man in the 400 yard relay. Leading sprinters behind the captain, according to Ulen, are Shep Brown, Mort Hull, Bob Tolf, and Norm Watkins.