Brace of Potential Radcliffe Visitors Refused U.S. Entry

Two prominent German women, scheduled to visit Radcliffe next week have been barred from this country under the provisions of the McCarran Bill. Miss Isabelle Arms, executive secretary of the League of Women Voters, revealed the Government's action last night.

Miss Arms said "We received a telegram from Washington Thursday from the Carrio Chapman Catt Fund, which sponsored the visit under the auspices of the State Department, stating that the women would not be allowed to enter the country."

The two women planned to live at Radcliffe for a week starting Monday, as part of a study of living conditions among different classes of American girls. Miss Arms explained that it was impossible to tell from the telegram whether the women were being held on Ellis Island, or whether they had been warned prior to leaving Germany that they could not enter the U.S.

Prominent in Politics

Both of the excluded women are prominent in German politics. One, Brunhilde Schepper, is a member of the Women's Democratic Organization in Wiesladen; the other, Ursula Adam, was the first president of the League of Women Citizens of Berlin. They are barred from the country under the McCarran Bill section which prohibits admittance to people who have ever been affiliated with a totalitarian organization.