Republican Club At Radcliffe May Soon Materialize

Aunleted by the officers of the H.Y.R.C., Radcliffe girls met yesterday afternoon in Moors Hall to form an Annex counterpart of the male Republican Club. Although the organizational meeting did not attract enough girls to make the club legal under the Radcliffe charter which requires 20 members, club officers believe that they will have the required number when they bring their petition before the Council on Thursday.

In speaking before the Annex meeting, Gordon L. Poole 2L, president of the H.Y.R.C., expressed his firm conviction that the interest in the club was strong enough to keep it firmly on its feet.

Poole had previously said that separate groups would be "more efficient and effective."

Poole also announced that the clubs plan to have joint social affairs and certain joint forums. According to Poole, members of the Harvard group will sit in on the 'Cliffe meetings only in an "unofficial" capacity.

There will be another meeting of the group tomorrow to adopt officially the constitution. The temporary officers elected at the meeting were: Cynthia J. Chase '53, president; Mary Kahle '53, secretary-treasurer; Joan Williams, '53, operational director.