Hockey Team Will Travel To Mid-West During Xmas

The varsity hockey team will make a Christmas trip this year for the first time since 1947, according to the 24-game schedule released yesterday.

Leaving Boston right after Christmas, probably by plane, the squad will travel to Minneapolis to play Minnesota twice, on December 29 and 29. Then the team will go to Grand Forks, North Dakota, to play the University of North Dakota six on New Year's Day and January 2.

Reinstitution of the Christmas trip will eliminate the usual vacation time hiatus and will help keep the squad in shape over the two-week recess.

The sextet opens against M.I.T. on December 5 in the Garden. The first three games will be played in the Garden, because the roller derby will be occupying the Arena.

Hockey Players Meet

Candidates for the varsity and freshman hockey teams will get a chance to meet the new coaching staff tonight at a meeting in the Varsity Club at 7:30 p.m.

Ralph ("Cooney") Welland, varsity coach, and George Roberts, freshman mentor, will talk briefly about prospects for the year and will discuss preseason conditioning.

Freshman and sophomore managerial candidates are also urged to attend the meeting.