'March of Time' Starts Film About Undergraduates' Life

"The March of Time" has begun production or a movie about student life at the University, Provost Buck revealed yesterday.

When completed, the movie will he available for showing to high school and prop school students, alumni, and any others who might be interested in the College. "The March of Time" may distribute the film through its agencies, if it considers it good enough.

A movie about the College has been in the embryo stage since 1948. At that time John U. Munro, assistant to the Provost, William M. Pinkerton, director of the News Office, and David W. Bailey, secretary to the Corporation, wrote a very rough script which is now serving as a basis for the "March of Time" production. "More than likely, there'll be a completely new script by the time the movie in finished," Munro said last night.

After the idea of a movie was first discussed in 1948, the project was pigeonholed until Peter E. Pratt '40, secretary of the Alumni Association, revived it.

The movie, as now planned, will cover such essentials of College life as extra curricular activities, sports, Lamont Library, the House plan, the lecture system, and tutorial.

Richard G. de Rochemont '28 will produce the film for "March of Time," and George Black will be assistant producer. Roy E. Larsen '21, president of the Alumni Association and president of Time, Inc. assisted in making the arrangements.