Exeter Halts '54 Soccer Team, 3-0, To Break Yardling Winning Streak

Exeter broke the freshman soccer team's no loss record by beating the Yardlings 3 to 0 yesterday on the Business School Field.

After slow playing in the first period, the freshmen were suprised by Exeter's forward Carlton Yarnall nearing two goals within five minutes in the second quarter. Yarnall kicked the fist score with a perfect head-high boot into the center of the goal from 30 feet out.

On the second score, Yarnal dribbled the ball half the field's length and kicked it is as goalie George Anderson rushed out to stop him.

A scramble in front of the goal during the third period gave left outside George Truslow a chance to score Exeter's third goal. Truslow tapped the ball past Anderson in the confusion. The freshmen then began to pick up and kept the ball in Exeter territory for the rest of the period.

The Yardling offense, led by Juan Vollenweider, Stan Loch, and John Beer, was kicking more accurately this game, but the Exeter defense proved too strong.

Harvard line-ups: Anderson, g; Rogers, r.f.b. Plate, l.f.b., Stroud, r.h.b., Rodriguez, c.h.b., Whiting, l.h.b., Joyce, r.s., Beer, r.i., Loeb, c.f., Vollenweider, l.i., Nobie, l.e.

Exeter Line-up: Cook, g., fish, r.f.b., Belford, l.f.b., Allen, r.h.b., Monahan, c.h.b., shea, l.h.b., Hackl, r.o., Lloyd, r.i., Tore c.f., Yarnall, l.i., Jones l.o.