H.A.A. to Protest Soccer Refereeing

Report Hits Officials In Army Contest

Referring in last Saturday's soccer game with Army will be officially protested. H.A.A. Business Manger Carroll E. Getchell stated last night. A report from varsity coach Bruce Some will be forwarded tomorrow to Ana Bushnell commissioner of officials for the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference, Getchell said.

There is no possibility of replay," he added, making if clear that the H.A.A. does not plan to dispute Army's 2 to 1 destroy. Contacted last night, Munro issued a "no comment," refusing to disclose the details of his report. Getchell joined Munro in shrouding the report, saying that it was "not fair to say anything until the report ins in Bushnell's hands."

Charging the Goalie

Team members questioned last night agreed that the game had been mishandled. Vern Drehmel, high scorer for the Crimson, commented, "The officiating was very poor and one-sided." Captain Ted Wolf termed complaints "justified," but emphasized that "the game's over and all we want into starting winning again."

Most of the complaints centered on the failure of reference Fred Clark and Al Glakel to enforce the rule against charging the goalie. Repeated infraction so this regulation by Army players, which the rulebook states should be "severely penalized," drew only warnings from the officials.

Army's winning goal in the final period was scored on an infraction of this rule in the opinion of Crimson players. Also alleged by the Crimson were poor calls on "hands" penalties.

Intercollegiate Soccer Football Association ratings show Ginkel as an "average" referee, escaping the "poor" classification by one point. Clark has a rating of "good."