Lowell Tops Winthrop, 12-7; Dunster Beats Dudley, 18-0

Lowell defeated Winthrop 12 to 7 and Dunster trounced Dudley 18 to 0 yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field as the House football season approached the midway point.

In the Lowell-Winthrop game, the Bellboys scored first on the fourth play of the game. Dave Dawson blocked a Winthrop punt and ran the hall back 40 yards for a touchdown. Lowell tallied again in the first period when Lou Brizzo caught a 20-yard pass from quarterback Bobby Lewn to put the ball on the Puritans' 20. Brizzo then went off tackle for the score. Brizzo failed on both conversion attempts.

Winthrop dominated the third period, scoring near the end of the quarter after two end runs by Dave Hernberg and Walt Greely had brought the Puritans from their won 40 to the seven. Hernberg then went around end for the touch- down. Greely passed to John Lee for the extra point.

In the other game, Dunster, scoring for the first-time since the '48 season, shut out a weak Dudley squad, 18 to 0.

Commuters Bow

The Funster's first tally came early is the second quarter. A 50 yard end sweep by Greg Simpson from his own 42 was followed by a line plunge by Fred Koch for the score. Koch missed the extra point. The other two scores came in the third quarter. Decoen took a long pass from Dick Kline on the seven and Slimp son carried the ball over. Kline's pass into the end zone for the point failed.

Following a steady drive from mid-field, Koch went through tackle's on the fourth down for the touchdown. Koch failed to convert