Council Opens Year Today; NSA Plans New Card System

National Student Association Purchase Cards may be given free to all members of the University this year, it was learned at an organizational meeting of the College N.S.A. delegation last night.

A committee is now drafting a letter to the N.S.A. National Headquarters to secure confirmation on such a program. Since membership will be free, the new cards will be "identification cards" rather than "membership cards."

George W. Miller '52 was elected chairman of the University delegation for the coming year during last night's meeting.

Later in the evening it was announced that the delegation would work more closely with the Student Council and would serve as a committee under that body. The N.S.A. will continue this year to aid students in securing foreign travel and in bringing foreign students to the United States.

N.S.A. will once again serve as a liaison unit with other colleges on matters of educational policy but other contact functions such as hospitality for visiting teams will be delegated to the Crimson Key.