New Draft Board Branch Opens in P.B.H. Monday

Available to Students Within University

A special University draft board, "Cambridge, Number 17, for Transfers," will open in Phillips Brooks House on Monday, draft officials revealed last night.

The new office was formed because of the large number of students who had been using the regular Cambridge office at Central Square to register, transfer, or just get information. The P.B.H. board will be open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The board, located on the third floor, may be used by all members of the University. Students whose home addresses are outside of Cambridge may register at this board and have their records transferred to their hometown draft officers.

Clark Appointed

Alexander Clark, assistant director of the Office of Student Placement, was appointed by Provost Buck early this fall to the position of official University advisor on matters pertaining to the armed forces.

When contacted last night, Clark was uncertain whether the new office would alter his position.

At a meeting of the Student Council on Monday night, the council set up a committee to determine what relationship now exists between the University and the draft boards.