Business School Placement Office Sets Up Advising Program on Draft

Draft counselling at the Business School suddenly became a duty of that institution's Placement Office this week. The office has begun offering information and assistance concerning problems of possible military service.

Actually the Business School considers the chance of getting drafted pretty slim under current drafting policies. "From now until the end of the academic year, if there is no drastic change in policy caused by international events," Leonard Kent, one of he administrators of the draft advising program said, "none of our students should have to leave school because of the draft.

"It is impossible as yet, though," he continued, "to predict what will be the effect of the various policies of the services in regard to men on reserve status."

Information regarding the reserve programs is scarce in this area, the Placement Office complained. Armed service units have apparently been following consistent practices in neither granting delays in recalls to duty or in providing opportunities for men to acquire some definite reserve status.

Their own information about the manpower available at the Business School and its status is also inadequate, the Placement Office noted, and it is undertaking a survey of all students to repair this gap.