Crimson Soccer Team Plays Springfield This Afternoon

Bruce Munro Coach Irv Schmid of Springfield will match short-pass strategles when their teams meet on Soldiers Field at 2:30 pm. Today. Both are former Springfield stars.

Schmid's team has a five and one record, with wins over strong Cortland and Wesleyan elevens. Springfield's only less been to Yale. It slaughtered Clark, 6 to 1, and last week duplicated the Crimson's two goal shut-out of Connecticut.

The Maroon and White usually fields a well-conditioned team and has had little trouble with injuries this season. The Crimson on the other hand, has sprains and pulled muscles to space. One of the big questions today will be how long the battered locals can play at top efficiency.

In an effort to inject speed into his half-back line, Munro will start Bill Engstrom and Pants Pantalconi with regular Hob Harding. Pantaleoni has been pampered by to sprained ankles and may not be able to play the whole game.

Doctors O.K.

The same goes for Hen Florin, who get a medical approval yesterday on his injured left knee. Florin was unable to make the Dartmouth trip. Captain ted Wolf will move to left wing today and Jim Johnson will replace him at left inside. The rest of the line will remain unchanged, with Vern Drehmel at Center, Charlie Weiss at right inside, and Bon Goldstein at right wing.

Springfield's Joe Marshall and George Penndorf have scored four goals apiece to pace their team in that department. Marshal, who usually plays inside, will be shifted to wing for today's game. John Barbour and co-captain Tom Salmons have each scored three goals for the Maroon and White. Mallard Mason, with one goals, completes the center of the Springfield line.

Last year's Springfield team tied for second in the New England Intercollegiate Soccer League, with seven wins, one loss, and one tie. Springfield and Harvard did not meet last year. HARVARD    SPRINGFIELD Craven  g.  Haines Florin  l.f.b.  Peters Ufford  r.f.b.  Hills Engstrom  l.h.b.  Streen Pantalconi  c.h.b.  Allen Harding  r.h.b.  Pappas (Co-Capt.) Wolf (Capt.)  o.l.  Marshall Johnson, J  f.l.  Simos (Co-Capt.) Drchmol  c.f.  Barbour Welss  f.r.  Matson Goldstein  o.r.  Penndorf