The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Dean Academy Eleven Tips Jayvee Football Team, 19-0

FRANKLIN, Mass., Nov. 10--A small, thin, young quarterback, constructed pretty much on the order of Cal Lowenstein, passed and ran a light, fast Dean Academy eleven to a 19-0 win over Norm Shepard's jayvees here today.

Sam Cronia spent most of the first quarter turning to complete passes to the left. So many of these were broken up by Crimson halfback Lon Tsavaris that Cronis tried tossing the ball to his right, and found a defensive weakness. Three long touchdown passes, two to left and Bob Schalk, connected in this sector and the junior varsity went down to its fourth straight defeat.

Cronis Runs, Too

When Cronis wasn't passing, he was scooting like a rabbit around the ends for good gains. His passes were neither hard nor arrow-straight, but they were accurate. His offensive ends, Schalk and Johnny Leroy, were fast enough to got a few steps beyond Art French and his defensive substitutes, Bill Van Epps, constantly.

The only pleasant note on the Harvard side was the breakaway running of Tsavaris from his left halfback slot in the Yale balanced T The jayvees threatened seriously only once, early in the second period, when Si Bunce fell on a loose ball on the Dean 18 yard line, and Ed Finney and Bob Kendall combined to carry it to the two. But a fumble brought the ball back to the 19 and Dean took over on downs. It was 0 to 0 at the half.

Both lines showed surprising strength through the middle, with Dean having a slight edge defensively.