Yardling Eleven Plays Brown Away

Freshmen Unveil New Offensive Backfield Against Bruin Cubs

Coming out of its two-week layoff with a new offense and a scrambled backfield, the freshman football team will start the second half of its six-game schedule this afternoon against an up and down Brown eleven at Providence. The freshmen have won once and lost twice so far this year.

Installation of the single-wing has forced Yardling Coach Henry Lamar to realign his starting backfield completely. Only Captain Dick Clasby, at tailback, is in his usual spot. John Tulenko, a fast tailback, has been moved to wingback, while ex-wingback Warren O'Donnell will start at fullback. Quarterback Tony Caimi began the season at guard, but his blocking ability has own him a backfield post,

Effective Defense

In front of this quartet, Lamar will use his regular line, the center of which has been particularly effective this year, especially on defense. In Ted Kennedy and Harvey Popell, Lamar has two good end prospects. Kennedy is the Yardlings' top pass-catcher , while Popell is a defensive specialist.

Brown has split its four games so far, beating the Yale freshmen last week, 12 to 0. There is possible significance in the fact that Andover also beat Yale 12 to 0, and the Yardlings' then topped Andover, for their only win.

The freshman lineup: Kennedy, le; Frate, lt; Picard, lg; Coolidge, c; McDowell, rg; Simonds, rt; Popell, re; Caimi, qb; Clasby, lh; O'Donnell, fb; Tulenko, rh.