Long Scrimmage Marks Practice; Jordan Bars Visitors From Now On

The varsity football squad scrimmaged for over one hour in bitter cold weather yesterday its final open practice session of the 1950 season. After the workout, Coach Lloyd Jordan announced that from now on, excluding the two token drills on the Fridays preceding the Brown and Yale games, practice will be closed to everyone.

"We have a couple of things we want to teach the boys," Jordan declared, "and we want to bring them an for these last two games. We think this will be easier in closed practices." Up until now, the policy had been to admit anyone with a bursar's card on Mondays and Tuesdays, anyone with a practice pass (mainly the press) the rest of the week.

Yesterday's workout was divided between offense and defense, the freshmen providing one defense while the jayvees were running Brown winged. T plays against a varsity alignment. The varsity offense against the Yardlings consisted largely of running plays, although prior to the scrimmage, passing was stressed in a dummy drill. The jayvees concentrated on inside running plays against the varsity.

Offense and Defense

The two, varsity units then switched. Guards Bill Rosenau and Jerry Kanter worked first on defense, then on offense, as did Dike Hyde, Paul Crowley and Fred Ravreby were the offensive ends and Bob Fallon and John Jennings the guards.

Stan Britton, defensive end, is definitely out of Saturday's game. Bainy Frothingham, a line-backer, is expected to be ready.