Adams, Lowell Win Football Finales

Gold Goasters Tie For Sixth Place, Nipping Dunster Club, 12-7

The House football season ended yesterday with a 12 to 7 Adams triumph over Dunster. Win-less Dudley, mean-while, scored for the first time this year but fell a 32 to 6 victim to second place Lowell.

The Gold Coasters had the initiative throughout the Adams-Dunster encounter. The first Adams score came in the second quarter after a long Gold Coast march to the Dunster 30 yard line. Kevin Riley ran off two first downs to the Funsters' four. Then, charging off tackle, he went over for the first touchdown.

Throughout the third quarter, both teams held each other at mid-field. In the final period, Dave McElroy went to the Dunster 20 on a reverse around left end. Three plays later, Riley dove off tackle from the four yard line for his second touchdown of the day.

The single Funster tally came midway in the final quarter following a stalemate by both teams on Adams' thirty.

Lowell Scores Quickly

Lowell opened its game against Dudley with a strong offense that produced a touchdown after three first downs. The march started on the Lowell 45 with a 25 yard off-tackle smash by Ted Briggs and ended with Bruce White going over for the score from the three yard line. Dudley's Paul deVergie blocked the conversion. Bellboy Bill Brown scored off-tackle on the last play of the first period.

Beginning with the second period, the 13-man Dudley squad proceeded to play its best football of the season, postponing the next Lowell score until the last play of the third period, when Bellboy Archie Southgate intercepted a Commuter pass on his own 45 and brought it down to the Dudley 20. Quarterback Dick Kline scored on an end run from the five.

Dudley's Bob Cronin opened the last period with the most exciting touchdown of the afternoon when he went through the line on a 55 yard scoring run. In rapid succession, but not with ease, Lowell scored twice again. Ted Briggs galloped 46 yards, and Ed Thayer intercepted a Dudley pass and went 25 yards. Final House football standings follow: Won  Lost  Tied  To. Pts. Eliot  7  0  0  14 Lowell  5  1  1  11 Winthrop  5  2  0  10 Kirkland  4  3  0  8 Leverett  2  4  1  5 Dunster  1  4  2  4 Adams  2  5  0  4 Dudley  0  7  0  0 Two points are given for each win and one for a tie.