Booters Meet Brown Today; Squads Are Evenly Matched

On the basis of seven comparative scores, Brown and Harvard are two of the most evenly matched soccer teams in the East. Their strikingly similar records--three wins and four losses against the same opposition--should make a good contest when the teams meet on the Business School Field at noon today.

The parallel between the teams carries over into the injury department. Brown is missing two starting wings and Harvard one: Bon Goldstein. All three have sprained ankles. The loss of its regular outsides didn't hurt Brown much last Wednesday, however, when it matched the Crimson's 2 to 0 shutout of UConn.

The Bruins have shown about the same scoring and defensive strength as the Crimson, with Bill Scott and Jim Vrecland loading their attack. Captain Dave Michaels has been a steady performer in the center of Brown's halfback line.

With the exception of Goldstein, the Crimson figures to be in good shape physically for today's game. Ben Florin missed yesterday's practice because of a foot infection, but will probably be ready to go at center half today.

If not, Pants Pantaleoni will switch to center half and Dick Miller will fill in at right. Pantaleoni's injuries are mended, and he has looked good in recent practices. Dick Craven will start at goal. The attack will probably be unchanged, though Jim Johnson may start at left inside, Dana Getchell and Frank Davies are also possibilities for that position. Probable starting lineups: HARVARD    BROWN Craven  g  North Doermann  lfb  Bower Ufford  rfb  Green Pantaleoni  lhb  Kruger Florin  chb  Michaels (C) Harding  rhb  Jack Wolf (C)  ol  Stollman Johnson, J.  il  Bartunik Drehmel  cf  Vreeland Weiss  ir  Scott Johnson, B.  or  Goodell