Fox Denies Original Charges That Bunny Dance Policies Hurt College

Donald T. Fox, Jr. '51, chairman of the Inter-House Dance Committee, last night denied he had accused Leverett House of sabotaging "the interests of the College community and constantly irritating the other House dance committees."

Instead, Fox expressed the hope that the Houses, "by working together on the Yalo weekend could offer the College better organized and more enjoyable dances." He said that he still thought the best course for the Houses was "to pool efforts, expenses, and profits," and he still hoped Loverett would join in.

Richard A. Van Douron '51, chairman of the Leverett Dance Committee, said last night he wasn't surprised to learn of Fox's revised position. He commented that he had "great respect" for Fox and thought he probably didn't mean his accusations in the first place.

Van Deuron declared that the Loverett Dance Committee had not changed its original position. "We will not share profits," he asserted, "but we are still willing to share in advertising costs and permit interchanging of tickets."