Commuters Beat Leverett, 42-12, For Touch Crown

Dudley ran away with the House touch football championship yesterday by beating Leverett, 42 to 12. Gale-like winds on Soldiers Field blew five Bunny passes into enemy hands for touchdowns.

Joe Garvin started the Commuters' scoring spree early in the first period by runing a pass 15 yards for a touchdown. Soon after, Nick Mulcahy intercepted the first Leverett pass and scored.

In the second quarter, Ed Foynes grabbed two more Bunny passes for touchdowns. Dudley then passed down the field to Jack Whittaker to make its fifth score. Herb Lonis finished the per- iod by scoring an another interception from Leverett.

Ahead 36 to 0 at the half, Dudley could not get its scoring power going again in the third period. But Leverett began to click in the first part of the fourth quarter, when Sid Hargreaves threw a touchdown pass to Dick Reynolds. Dudley made its last touchdown, right after, on an interception by Tom Eagan.

On the final play of the game, Reynolds heaved a long pass to Jerry Gallo for the second Bunny touchdown.

Dudley has won seven games this season, and tied Leverett once, while the Bunnies won six, tied one, and lost one, both to the Commuters