Tigers, Elis Beat Harriers At Princeton, 22-37, 25-31

Fourth place was the best any Crimson runner could do yesterday afternoon, as Princeton and Yale defeated Jaakko Mikkola's cross-country team in simultaneous dual meets at Princeton. The Tigers defeated Harvard, 22 to 37, and Yale beat the Crimson, 25 to 31. Princeton beat Yale, 25 to 30.

Dave Gregory was the first Crimson harrier to finish, behind Dick Snedeker of Princeton, Tod Mcarns of Yale and Tiger A1 Pittis, Snedeker set a course record of 34:54.8 over the five mile route, Gregory's time was 26:00.

Dave Cairns finished sixth, Paul Judy ninth, Dick White sixteenth, and John Pankey twenty-second to round out the Crimson scoring. Pankey wrenched his leg over the rough course, and White was slowed up by a stitch.

The Yardlings fared better than the varsity, defeating Princeton, 21 to 34, but losing to Yale, 22 to 23. The Yale freshmen beat the Tiger cubs, 16 to 39.

Hubert Maguire finished second very close bhind Yale's Bob Stanley in the '54 race over the three mile course. Emil San Soucle came in the fourth, with Bruce Phillips, Hal Gerry, and Leo carroll finishing tenth, eleventh, and twelfth. The winning time was 15:15.2 with Maguire 15:16. San Soucle posted a 15:21, crowding the first four men into six seconds.

Snedeker's record bettered the mark he set last week against Seton Hall by more than eight seconds. It was Mearns' first loss of the year. The Crimson record is now evened up at two and two.