$100,000 Given to Business School For Golden Fund

A new Business School fund has been established in the name of Clinton S. Golden, labor advisor to E.C.A. and currently a visiting lecturer in the School, Dean David announced last night.

The Golden Fund has been provided by an anonymous donor to help support the Harvard Trade Union Training Program. The program, jointly sponsored by the Business School, the School of Public Administration, and the Department of Economics, provides an opportunity for labor relations study each year by a group of experienced American union leaders, A. F. of L., C.I.O., and independent.

Executive Training

The trade union program was established in 1942 to provide labor officials with training for executive responsibilities. Golden, himself, is a former International Vice President of the United Steelworkers of America, C.I.O.

The anonymous gift of $100,000 was made last spring as part of the successful effort to match the $5,000,000 gift of John D. Rockefeller, Jr. to the Business School.

There are currently nine labor leaders engaged in the 13-week course, bringing the total of trade union officials who have participated in the program to close to 100. Almost 30 unions have been represented since the inception of the course.