Band Announces Concert Schedule

After a three week break following the Yale game, the University Band will return to action on Monday night when is opens its winter concert season with the third annual P. B. H. Christmas performance at Sanders Theatre.

Frank W. Hopkins '52, band manager, has also planned six additional concerts this winter-the largest number ever. He said that the Band scheduled this extensive program in order to finance next fall's football trips.

Monday's concert is a benefit performance arranged by P.B.H. for over 2,000 Greater Boston youngsters and adults. The one and a half hour joint program with the Glee Club includes Christmas carols, college songs and marches, ballads and folk songs.

The Band has scheduled four appearances in February, two of which will be at conventions in the Hotel Statler. Another concert will be offered at the School in the Pines in Norton, Massachusetts, with the fourth appearance being at the Golden Gloves finals in Lowell.

In March, the Band will present its annual "Drumbeats and Song" concert in Sanders Theatre at a Radcliffe benefit. The final winter performance will be held at Springfield in collaboration with the Mount Holyoke Glee Club