Boston Harvard Club Might Admit Yale, Princeton Grads

The Harvard Club of Boston may soon become a club for the Big Three--Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.

Members of the club have already decided informally to make the change, but the issue must still come up for a formal vote of the full membership on December 28.

Under the proposal, Yale and Princeton graduates living in this area would be admitted to membership on the same basis as Harvard men, though the name of the club would not change.

Alden H. McIntyre '21, club secretary, said yesterday "there has long been a feeling that we ought to get together. There are tripartite clubs in other cities, especially in the West."

Yale had a club of its own in Boston until 1932, McIntyre said, but the building was lost during the depression. The Princeton Alumni Association has never had a Boston home. Recently, quite a few Yale College men attending Harvard graduate schools, McIntyre added, have occasionally taken over rooms in the Harvard Club for Yale functions.

The secretary asserted that the decision was not being made because of any financial difficulties in the club. "We're all right financially; we've raised our dues and levied an assessment."

Membership in either the Harvard or Yale club at present depends upon sponsorship by two members of the club and proof that the applicant has been in attendance at the respective university for at least one academic year.

The Harvard Club has probably the best facilities of any alumni center in the country, with squash courts, game rooms, restaurants, lounges, and many other amenities.